From ancient hair care practice of China Sichuan Yao Tribe, whom are well known for their healthy, full lustrous long hair – their secret to their beautiful hair is frequent use of camellia seed to cleanse their scalp and hair.
In combination of Traditional Chinese Medicine wisdom of scalp care, mulberry leaf and formosan lattuce herb are mixed together with camellia seed to restore scalp health of oily and acne-prone scalp.
This Mulberry Leaf Scalp Care Set contains the following items
- Mulberry Leaf & Formosan Lattuce Shampoo Bar
- Mulberry Leaf Hairwash Powder
- Mulberry Scalp Tonic
- After Itch Soothing Mist (optional for itchy scalp)
Suitable for: Acne-prone scalp, oily scalp.
- Mulberry Leaf & Formosan Lattuce Shampoo Bar – Rich lathering cleansing layer with mild herbsy scent from mulberry leaf, formosan lattuce, and lavender.
- Mulberry Leaf Hairwash Powder – Powder with chocolatey scent from camellia seed and grassy scent from mulberry leaf.
- Mulberry Scalp Tonic – Water-based tonic that is easily absorbed by scalp skin with mild herbsy scent from mulberry leaf.
- After Itch Soothing Mist (optional for itchy scalp) – Peppermint-based cooling mist that provides quick cooling sensation and minty scent.
- Mulberry Leaf & Formosan Lattuce Shampoo Bar – 100g, approximate 30-50 use.
- Mulberry Leaf Hairwash Powder – 350ml, approximate 30-50 use.
- Mulberry Scalp Tonic – 10ml, lasts around 2-3 month daily usage.
- After Itch Soothing Mist (optional for itchy scalp) – 100ml, lasts around 1-2 month daily usage.
How to Use
Recommended Scalp and Hair Care Routine
- Cleanse with Mulberry Leaf & Formosan Lattuce Shampoo Bar for deeper cleansing of scalp and hair. You may skip this step if light cleansing is sufficient for the day (i.e. no heavy sweating normal days).
- Further cleanse with Mulberry Leaf Hair Wash Powder. This step is important to get rid of WAXY feeling some people might have after using shampoo bar.
- Deep repair scalp with Mulberry Scalp Tonic, just roll on the treatment tonic on your scalp area where needed.
- (Optional for itchy scalp) Manage itchy skin with After Itch Soothing Mist, spray on the scalp area where itch flares. Avoid eyes and face area as its peppermint content irritates eyes.
Note: You may experience a transition period when you first switch to natural shampoo bar and natural hairwash powder to cleanse your hair. During this transition period, you may have a waxy feeling on your hair as your hair is going through expelling period to clear chemical additive (i.e. SLS, Silicone-based surfactant) accumulated in the past. After 7-14 days, you will notice fresher scalp and smoother hair texture.
Caution: Always lower your head when using Mulberry Leaf Hairwash Powder to avoid contact with eyes area, as camellia seed can be stimulating to eyes. Wash thoroughly with clear water if any contact happens.
We recommend to only use Mulberry Leaf Hairwash Powder to cleanse your scalp during normal days, and pair it up with Mulberry Leaf & Formosan Lattuce Shampoo Bar when stronger cleansing is needed (e.g. exercise days / heavy sweating days). This helps scalp to retain natural protection layer and to promote more efficient scalp skin rejuvenation.
Mulberry leaf is an age old herb that has been used by humans since thousands of years ago. When it comes to skincare, the mulberry leaf is efficient in reducing oil secretions, calms inflammation and promotes acne healing.
Formosan lattuce is widely used in Traditional Chinese Medicine, often together with Mulberry leaf to control oil secretion of skin and hair loss problems.
Camellia seed is widely used across East Asian Countries (i.e. China, Taiwan, Japan) in their daily culinary and skincare practice. Camellia seed oil is used in cooking and skincare, whereas the seed shell is ground into powder.
Camellia seed power is rich in natural saponin, it creates bubble naturally upon contact with water and air. Yao tribal people from China Sichuan province use camellia seed powder to cleanse their hair on a daily basis. Their healthy, lustrous looking hair is the results of this traditional hair care secret that modern society has missed.
- Mulberry Leaf & Formosan Lattuce Shampoo Bar – Morus alba Leaf (Mulberry Leaf), Lavandula Bud (Lavender Bud), Ilex pentagona (Formosan Lattuce Herbs), Camellia oleifera Oil (Camellia oil), Ricinus communis (Castor Oil), Oryza SativaBran (Rice Bran Oil), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut Oil), Lye (NaOH, for saponification process).
- Mulberry Leaf Hairwash Powder – Morus alba (Mulberry Leaf), Ilex pentagona (Formosan Lattuce Herbs), Camellia oleifera seed (Camellia seed).
- Mulberry Scalp Tonic – Morus alba Leaf (Mulberry Leaf), Lavandula Bud (Lavender Bud), Ilex pentagona (Formosan Lattuce Herbs), Vegan Sourced Glycerin.
- After Itch Soothing Mist (optional for itchy scalp) – Mentha piperita (Peppermint hydrosol), Mentha piperita camphor (Menthol), Vernonia Amygdalina (Vernonia leaf), Menta piperita (Peppermint leaf), Vitis vinifera (Grape seed oil).
Baby & Mummy
This Mulberry Leaf Scalp Care Set is 100% safe for new-born baby, pregnant women, and breastfeeding women, except for After Itch Soothing Mist.
After Itch Soothing Mist is safe for breastfeeding women. However, we only recommend occasional use for pregnant women, as no research study has been done to establish safe relationship between peppermint use and its impact on baby.
After Itch Soothing Mist is not formulated for baby fragile skin.
The other 3 product – Mulberry Leaf & Formosan Lattuce Shampoo Bar, Mulberry Leaf Hairwash Powder, and Mulberry Scalp Tonic are 100% safe for new-born baby, pregnant women, and breastfeed women.
Empowering local communities
We source our peppermint from local farms at Cameron Highlands, Pahang. In addition, our Vernonia leaf in this Anti-Itch Vernonia Balm is from a local farm that is located at Selangor. By sourcing our herbs locally, we reduce carbon emission as well as empowering local communities that provide us the herbs.
We donate certain percentage of our profit to Sekolah Khas Klang to support education funding of special kids. You may also extend the goodwill together with us by purchasing a handwoven basket made by special kids from Sekolah Khas Klang, or make donation in any amount during checkout.
There are no reviews yet.