Yao tribal people are well known for their healthy, lustrous looking hair, their secret to their hair care routine is frequent use of camellia seed to cleanse their scalp and hair.
Without harsh chemical additives from chemical shampoo (i.e. silicone-based surfactant, parabens, synthetic fragrance), Yao tribal people’s daily camellia seed hair care is natural yet great to keep our hair healthy.
In addition, in Traditional Chinese Medicine, mugwort and thuja are well known to restore scalp health of sensitive scalp, especially scalp eczema, scalp psoriasis, serious dandruff, and dry & flaky scalp.
This Thuja Scalp Care Set contains the following items:
- Thuja & Camellia Shampoo Bar
- Thuja & Camellia Hairwash Powder
- Mugwort & Thuja Scalp Oil
- After Itch Soothing Mist
Suitable for: Scalp eczema, scalp psoriasis, hair loss problem due to sensitive scalp, dry scalp with serious dandruff, dry & flaky scalp with itch.
- Thuja & Camellia Shampoo Bar – Rich lathering cleansing layer with chocolatey scent from camellia seed and mild grassy scent from thuja leaves.
- Thuja & Camellia Hairwash Powder – Powder with chocolatey scent from camellia seed and grassy scent from thuja leaves.
- Mugwort & Thuja Scalp Oil – Lightweight oil with mild herbsy scent from natural infusion of Mugwort and Thuja leaves.
- After Itch Soothing Mist (optional for itchy scalp) – Peppermint-based cooling mist that provides quick cooling sensation and minty scent.
- Thuja & Camellia Shampoo Bar – 100g. Approximately 30-50 use
- Thuja & Camellia Hairwash Powder – Approximately 30-50 use.
- Mugwort & Thuja Scalp Oil – 10ml, lasts around 2-3 month daily usage.
- After Itch Soothing Mist (optional for itchy scalp) – 100ml, lasts around 1-2 month daily usage.
How to Use
- Cleanse with Thuja & Camellia Shampoo Bar for deeper cleansing of scalp and hair. You may skip this step if light cleansing is sufficient for the day (i.e. no heavy sweating normal days).
- Further cleanse with Thuja & Camellia Seed Hair Wash Powder. This step is important to get rid of WAXY feeling some people might have after using shampoo bar.
- Deep repair scalp with Mugwort & Thuja Scalp Oil, just roll on the treatment oil on your scalp where the skin condition at (i.e. eczema, psoriasis, dandruff, dryness and flakiness).
- Manage itchy skin with After Itch Soothing Mist, spray on the scalp area where itch flares. Avoid eyes and face area as its peppermint content irritates eyes.
Note: You may experience a transition period when you first switch to natural shampoo bar and natural hairwash powder to cleanse your hair. During this transition period, you may have a waxy feeling on your hair as your hair is going through expelling period to clear chemical additive (i.e. SLS, Silicone-based surfactant) accumulated in the past. After 7-14 days, you will notice fresher scalp and smoother hair texture.
Caution: Always lower your head when using Thuja & Camellia Hairwash Powder to avoid contact with eyes area, as camellia seed can be stimulating to eyes. Wash thoroughly with clear water if any contact happens.
We recommend to only use Thuja & Camellia Hairwash Powder to cleanse your scalp during normal days, and pair it up with Thuja & Camellia Shampoo Bar when stronger cleansing is needed (e.g. exercise days / heavy sweating days). This helps scalp to retain natural protection layer and to promote more efficient scalp skin rejuvenation.
Camellia seed is widely used across East Asian Countries (i.e. China, Taiwan, Japan) in their daily culinary and skincare practice. Camellia seed oil is used in cooking and skincare, whereas the seed shell is ground into powder.
Camellia seed power is rich in natural saponin, it creates bubble naturally upon contact with water and air. Yao tribal people from China Sichuan province use camellia seed powder to cleanse their hair on a daily basis. Their healthy, lustrous looking hair is the results of this traditional hair care secret that modern society has missed.
In Traditional Chinese Medicine wisdoms, hair loss and unhealthy scalp are often the results of imbalance kidney system. Thuja leaf is the herb often prescribed by practitioner to replenish kidney energy and blood system, as well as to restore healthy hair volume and scalp.
A magical herb that is widely used in apothecary practice all around the world. In Traditional Chinese Medicine practice, Mugwort is often prescribed to heal sensitive skin problems, including eczema, psoriasis, fungal type skin infection, and autoimmune skin condition.
- Thuja & Camellia Shampoo Bar – Camellia oleifera seed (Camellia seed), Artemisia vulgaris (Mugwort), Thuja standishii (Thuja), Camellia oleifera Oil (Camellia oil), Ricinus communis (Castor Oil), Oryza Sativa Bran (Rice Bran Oil), Cocos Nucifera(Coconut Oil), Lye (NaOH, for saponification process – none left after saponification).
- Thuja & Camellia Hairwash Powder – Artemisia vulgaris (Mugwort), Thuja standishii (Thuja), Camellia oleifera seed (Camellia seed).
- Mugwort & Thuja Scalp Oil – Artemisia vulgaris (Mugwort), Thuja standishii(Thuja), Camellia oleifera seed (Camellia seed), Camellia oleifera Oil (Camellia oil), Vitis vinifera (Grape seed oil).
- After Itch Soothing Mist (optional for itchy scalp) – Mentha piperita (Peppermint hydrosol), Mentha piperita camphor (Menthol), Vernonia Amygdalina (Vernonia leaf), Menta piperita (Peppermint leaf), Vitis vinifera (Grape seed oil).
Baby & Mummy
This Thuja Scalp Care Set is 100% safe for new-born baby, pregnant women, and breastfeeding women, except for After Itch Soothing Mist.
After Itch Soothing Mist is safe for breastfeeding women. However, we only recommend occasional use for pregnant women, as no research study has been done to establish safe relationship between peppermint use and its impact on baby.
After Itch Soothing Mist is not formulated for baby fragile skin.
Empowering local communities
We source our peppermint from local farms at Cameron Highlands, Pahang. In addition, our herbs are sourced from a local farm that is located at Selangor. By sourcing our herbs locally, we reduce carbon emission as well as empowering local communities that provide us the herbs.
We donate certain percentage of our profit to Sekolah Khas Klang to support education funding of special kids. You may also extend the goodwill together with us by purchasing a handwoven basket made by special kids from Sekolah Khas Klang, or make donation in any amount during checkout.